|Page (1) of 1 - 08/11/17||email article||print page|
Asia Pacific OTT TV and Video Forecasts 2017-2022 - Research and Markets(August 11, 2017)
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asia Pacific OTT TV and Video Forecasts" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Asia Pacific OTT revenues from TV episodes and movies will reach $24.41 billion in 2022; triple the $8.27 billion recorded in 2016. The total will increase by nearly $3 billion in 2017 alone.
China will command half of the OTT revenues for the 22 countries covered in the Asia Pacific OTT TV & Video Forecasts report by 2022; rising from just over a third of the 2016 total. China and Japan together will account for two-thirds of the region's total revenues by 2022.
Advertising revenues on OTT sites and SVOD revenues are running neck-to-neck. SVOD will be the leader in 2017 and 2018, but AVOD will regain the crown from 2019. China will supply 61% of the region's AVOD revenues by 2022 - or $7.27 billion.
Asia Pacific SVOD revenues will climb from $3,388 million in 2016 to $9,090 million in 2022. China will overtake Japan to become the SVOD revenue leader in 2017.
Digital TV Research forecasts 234 million SVOD subs by 2022, up from 91 million in 2016. China will have 139 million SVOD subs (59% of the region's total) in 2022. India and Japan will together account for another 50 million, leaving only 44 million divided between the remaining 19 countries.
A quarter of the region's TV households will subscribe to an SVOD package by 2022, up from just over a tenth at end-2016.
Published in August 2017, this 170-page PDF and excel report combines the relevant countries from two of last year's reports: Asia Pacific OTT TV & Video Forecasts and Asia Pacific SVOD Forecasts in one convenient place. Covering movies and TV episodes, the report has been extended by five countries to 22 territories.
The report comes in five parts:
- Executive summary and regional forecasts, with handy comparison tables to reveal the best growth prospects;
- Major SVOD platforms, including market share for each;
- Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2022 by platform, by household penetration, by SVOD subscribers and by OTT revenues for movies and TV episodes;
- Country profiles for 22 territories;
- Detailed country forecasts for 22 nations
Key Topics Covered:
- Population (000)
- TV HH/Total HH
- OTT TV & video fixed broadband households (000)
- OTT TV & video smartphone subs (000)
- Gross OTT TV & video total (000)
- SVOD subscribers (000)
- TV rental transactions (000)
- Online advg total (US$ mil.)
- Online advg for OTT sites (US$ mil.)
- SVOD subscribers by operator (000)
- Share of SVOD subscribers by operator (%)
- SVOD revenues by operator (US$ mil.)
- Share of SVOD revenues by operator (%)
- SVOD ARPU by operator ($)
- Amazon Prime Video
- au Smart Pass
- Avex dtv
- Eros Now
- Foxtel Now
- LG U+
- MyTV Super
- Olleh TV
- Sony Liv
- Tencent Video
- TMall Box Office
- Tonton VIP
- Youku Tudou
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q3j6k5/asia_pacific_ott
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Related Topics: Televisions and Television Services , Video on Demand