|Page (1) of 1 - 08/20/14||email article||print page|
Rand McNally Launches All-New RV GPS: RVND 7730 LM
SKOKIE, Ill., Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for Labor Day getaways, today Rand McNally has made available its third-generation RV GPS device. Redesigned inside and out, the RVND 7730 LM provides all-new hardware, a faster processor, two new graphical user interface options, with improved map appearance. Bringing together Rand McNally's award-winning navigation and new features such as Toll Cost estimates and Advanced Lane Guidance, the RVND device delivers leading-edge technology and tools specifically designed for RVers.
"Rand McNally's RVND was the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers. With this next generation device, we've incorporated an all-new look but more importantly, new features to better help RVers get the most out of their on-the-road adventures," saidStephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally.
New design - inside and out
The device features a new, sleeker hardware design with a 7-inch screen -- rugged and large for any RV dashboard. Inside, the RVND has faster processing speed, allowing for quicker route calculation, point of interest searches, route comparisons, and screen-to-screen transitions.
More and enhanced features
New navigation options give RVers more assistance and the ability to further customize routes:
- Estimated toll road costs are now included for more informed trip planning.
- MoreAdvanced Lane Guidanceinstruction, combined with an increased number of enhanced Junction Views, goes beyond just turns and shows the best lanes in which to drive when approaching a turn or heading toward a complicated intersection.
- And drivers may avoid areas permanently - such as heavily congested city areas - or temporarily -- to accommodate closures of bridges or other roads.
The onboard mapping has been upgraded to include improved text and road shields, and new coloration for certain reference points such as shopping centers and parks. There are two new color schemes for the maps, giving RVers even more personalization options.
More options for customization
To further customize the devices, RVers can choose between two new interface options "Ice" (with a white background) and "Carbon" (with a steel grey background). Users also may choose the familiar "Classic" design interface, from prior generations of the device. The new, proprietary, color-saturated icons in the design were created by Rand McNally making features easy to recognize with just a glance.
Updated RV-specific information
The 7730 LM device includes extensive updates to features such as:
- The addition of the latest Rand McNally Best of the Road towns with roadside attractions, dining, and historical sites.
- A complete update of campgrounds with 1,521 additions -- including Good Sam campgrounds, public and commercial campgrounds, and Good Sam-rated campgrounds.
- An updated cross-reference to the new 2015 Rand McNally Road Atlas, with emergency and roadside assistance information by state.
- A comprehensive update of RV parking including rest stops and welcome centers, travel centers with RV-friendly amenities, and stores such as Walmart and Sam's Club locations.
Other features, from feedback
In addition, Rand McNally has incorporated new features and thousands of updates derived from "Tell Rand", Rand McNally's proprietary feedback loop for RVND users. For example, multi-stop trip planning now provides the detail of upcoming legs of the journey color-coded for easy differentiation, allowing for easy analysis of trip segments. And, with a one-click selection, drivers may hide buttons on the display to provide a larger view of the map.
The RVND 7730 LM includes Lifetime Map updates and the ability to switch over to car routing. The device is Wi-Fi connected, allowing for up-to-the moment information along a route such as current fuel prices, weather and traffic.
The new RVND 7730 LM device is available at RV dealers and other retail locations nationwide, and in online stores such as amazon.com, bestbuy.comand walmart.com.
For more information on Rand McNally's new RV GPS, visit randmcnally.com.
About Rand McNally Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. For more than 75 years, Rand McNally has been an innovator in the Commercial Transportation market from providing mileage and routing software, to truck navigation and E-Logs to mobile fleet management solutions. Learn more at randmcnally.com.
Rand McNally, Best of the Road and the globe logo are registered trademarks, and RVND is a trademark of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
SOURCE Rand McNally
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved