|Page (1) of 1 - 08/19/14||email article||print page|
More Of The Best From HTC: Introducing The HTC One (M8) For Windows At Verizon Wireless
BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --HTC, a global leader in innovation and design, today unveiled the HTCOne(M8) for Windows, marking the first time an iconic flagship device offers multiple operating systems.
This new smartphone combines the stunning, award-winning design and experiences of the HTCOne(M8) with the latest Windows Phone software on America's largest and most reliable network. Verizon Wireless is the exclusive launch partner for the HTCOne(M8) for Windows, and it will be available in stores and online, with online sales beginning at noon EDT today and in stores tomorrow.
Unmistakably the One
The HTC One (M8) for Windows offers the same premium design of HTC's award-winning HTCOne(M8), which features an all-metal unibody design and an elegantly curved back to match the hand's contours.
The unique experiences of the original HTC One (M8) have been brought to the Windows Phone version, including HTC BlinkFeed, HTC BoomSound, Duo Camera with UltraPixel, Video Highlights, a 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera and support for the HTC Dot View case.
- HTC BlinkFeed is uniquely integrated into the Live Tile layout and provides quick access to the content and social networks that matter most.
- HTC BoomSound features dual front-facing speakers and a unique sound profile that deepens bass, enhances vocals and fine tunes track details for a rich, immersive listening experience.
- The signature HTC One Duo Camera with UltraPixel technology captures remarkable low-light images and offers a variety of after-effects for added artistic flair or humor.
- Video Highlights offer consumers an easy and entertaining way to easily create mini-movies and animated picture reels set to music*.
- A 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens excels at taking personal pictures that let you capture more in the shot more people, more scenery.
- The uniquely designed HTC Dot View case provides consumers with instant phone access while the case is still closed. Users can answer calls, receive email & text notifications, check weather and more. And with the Dot View Case for the HTC One (M8) for Windows, personal digital assistant Cortana can help with reminders, queries and chit chat without having to open the case.
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is also covered by HTC Advantage, which provides the industry's only free cracked screen replacement program, along with a commitment to support timely software updates.**
"Consumers love the HTC One (M8) and today's introduction extends that enthusiasm to new audiences hungry for choice in their mobile experience," said Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC Americas. "HTC fills a gap in the market for unique devices that put a premium on form and function. Microsoft shares our vision, and that's why we committed to bringing the Windows Phone platform to the HTC One (M8)."
HTC One Plus a New OS Experience
Under the hood is Windows Phone 8.1 Update, which incorporates a host of meaningful innovations:
- Cortana, Windows Phone's truly personal digital assistant, makes her HTC debut in this phone. Adept at searching for sushi and setting calendar appointments, Cortana also offers the ability to proactively warn you when it's time to leave for your next appointment or remind you to pick up milk on the way home.
- Action Center provides one swipe access to all your recent notifications and messages, as well as programmable quick settings.
- Apps Corner sandboxes apps and folders into a protected area of the phone.
- Small business owners can use their HTC One (M8) for Windows as a point of sale device without making personal information available.
- Users can separate personal and professional information, creating distinct experiences for work and pleasure in a single device.
- Windows Phone takes on the chores of battery, data and storage management, and keying in passwords for known Wi-Fi networks, allowing users more time to explore the phone's innovative functionality that truly puts consumer needs first.
"The HTC One (M8) for Windows is true to the flagship product's award-winning design and unique experience while also taking the best of what Windows Phone has to offer," said Darren Laybourn, corporate vice president of engineering for Microsoft. "We succeeded in offering customers the best of both our worlds with this phone."
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is available beginning at noon EDT today, exclusively through Verizon Wireless online for a promotional price of $99.99 with a new two-year contract for a limited time or $29.99 per month on Verizon Edge, and available in stores tomorrow. Additionally, Microsoft Stores will sell the device with Verizon Wireless service and a special offer for a free HTC Dot View Case and screen protector for $25. The retro styling of HTC Dot View, HTC's intuitive and eye-catching case that shows calls and alerts through a protective shell, is available as an accessory for the HTC One (M8) for Windows.
For more information about the HTC One (M8) for Windows, please visit www.htc.com.
For press materials and images of the HTC One (M8) for Windows, please visit: http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8-windows/.
Founded in 1997, HTC Corp. (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by the HTC Sense user experience. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). For more information, please visit www.htc.com.
*Do not reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials in connection with the Video Highlights feature unless you have secured the copyright owner's permission first.
**One-time screen replacement at no charge available to original purchasers within the first six months of purchase.
2014 HTC Corporation. All rights reserved. HTC, the HTC logo, HTC One, HTC Sense, HTC BoomSound, HTC BlinkFeed, UltraPixel, HTC Dot View, and all other HTC product and service names referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of HTC Corporation and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and service marks mentioned herein, including company names, product names, service names and logos, are the property of their respective owners and their use herein does not indicate an affiliation with, association with, or endorsement of or by HTC Corporation. Offers, features, and product appearance and specifications may be subject to change.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home, Camera, Digital Camera, Lens, Camera Accessories, Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Communications, WiFi, Digital Toys, Apps, Tablets, Speakers, Networks, Hard Drives & Storage, Handheld, Accessories, Smart Phone, Accessories, Windows Phone, tablet, Home Networks, Accessories, Tablet, Sales,