|Page (1) of 1 - 08/19/14||email article||print page|
IEEE Computer Society to Host Rock Stars of 3D Printing Conference in Silicon Valley
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- 3D printing is not only revolutionizing how we make everything from automobiles to prosthetics to food, but is fundamentally altering how business is conducted in industries from high tech to healthcare. With a 59 percent annual growth rate according to IDC, the fast-growing 3D Printing industry is a definite game changer.
IEEE Computer Society will host a one-day conference on December 2 in San Jose, California, to help business as well as technology leaders understand how to harness the power of 3D printing technologies. Rock Stars of 3D Printingwill feature high-level discussions with well-known industry leaders, networking, and more.
Attendees will come away from this not-to-be-missed event with an understanding of how to:
- Discover immediately actionable solutions
- Make processes faster, more efficient, and less costly
- Capture, manage, and analyze critical data
- Respond to tech advances and emerging standards and practices
- Spur innovation
- Understand why 3D printing will become the only way to remain competitive
- Find suppliers and see demos of the latest printers
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Save energy and reduce pollution.
Industry-leading speakers who will be sharing their knowledge and expertise at the Rock Stars of 3D Printing conference include:
- Jesse Harrington Au, Chief Maker Advocate, Autodesk
- Paul Brody, VP and Global Industry Leader of Electronics, IBM
- Dr. Amir Dorafshar, Co-Director of Facial Transplantation Program, Johns Hopkins
- Hugh Evans, Vice President, Corporate Development and Ventures, 3D Systems
- Christine Furstoss, Global Technology Director of Manufacturing and Materials Technologies, GE
- Brian David Johnson, Futurist and Director, Future Casting and Experience Research, Intel, and
- Cliff Waldman, Council Director and Senior Economist, Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation.
For a limited time, attendees can take advantage of early registration and save up to 30 percent off full price.Special pricing is available for IEEE Computer Society members, teams, and students. For more information, visit http://www.computer.org/3DPrinting.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, includingtechnical conferences,publications, and a comprehensivedigital library, uniquetraining webinars,professional training, and theTechLeader Training Partner Programto help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visithttp://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Manufacturing, Suppliers, Manufacturing/Production, Manufacturing, Networking, Business Issues, IT Professionals, Medical Technology, Business,