|Page (1) of 1 - 08/07/14||email article||print page|
Inaugural China Sourcing Fairs open today in Jakarta
JAKARTA, Indonesia, Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/-- Global Sources' (NASDAQ: GSOL) inaugural China Sourcing Fairs opened in Indonesia today with the largest ever selection of China suppliers at any trade show in the country. The Fairs run from Aug. 7 to 9 at the Jakarta International Expo featuring more than 350 booths from quality Greater China suppliers of consumer electronics, garments and textiles, hardware and building materials.
All three China Sourcing Fairs are showcasing the largest selection of China suppliers at any sourcing event in Indonesia. The Fairs are:
- China Sourcing Fair: Electronics
- China Sourcing Fair: Garments & Textiles
- China Sourcing Fair: Hardware & Building Materials
The events also feature a selection of South Korean manufacturers at the co-located Korea Sourcing Fair.
Major buyers pre-registered to attend the shows include 3M Indonesia, adidas Sourcing Limited, Bakrie Telecom, PT. ACE Hardware Indonesia, Tbk., PT. Berca Global Access, PT Emporium Indonesia, PT. Home Center Indonesia, PT. LG Electronic Display Devices Indonesia, PT. Lion Super Indo, PT Nokia Siemens Networks, PT Wellcomm, and Sinar Mas Land, among many others.
"Indonesia is the ASEAN's largest economy with a population of 245 million and a growing middle class population set to reach 150 million in 2014," said Spenser Au, CEO of Global Sources. "It is also the gateway to trade with Southeast Asian markets with 600 million consumers where the ASEAN region is expected to enjoy a 5 percent economic growth in 2014."
"Facing bright prospects for future growth, mainland China and Indonesian leaders are working to achieve $80 billion in bilateral trade by 2015."
Officially opening the shows today were:
- Chen Liangxian, Mayor, Zhongshan Municipal People's Government, the People's Republic of China
- Xu He, Deputy Mayor, Chaozhou Municipal People's Government, the People's Republic of China
- Rudy Salahuddin, Director of Promotion Development, Investment Coordinating Board, the Republic of Indonesia
- Khafifah Any, Assistant Deputy Governor of Industry, Provincial Government of Jakarta, the Republic of Indonesia
- Qiu Zhaoxian, Vice President, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Guangdong Committee
- Fan Yina, Attache, the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office, Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Republic of Indonesia
- Buchari Hasnil Bakar, Consul, Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Guangzhou, the People's Republic of China
- Yusuf Hamdani, Chairman and Secretary of Commerce and Industry Committee, Indonesian Guangzhao Association
- Halim Jusuf, Vice Chairman, China Committee of Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Kim Moo-han, Senior Executive Managing Director, Korea International Trade Association
- Spenser Au, CEO, Global Sources
The Fairs feature pavilions from the cities of Zhongshan, Chaozhou, and other parts of mainland China.
The Fairs are well supported by a number of mainland China provincial and municipal organizations and other associations, which include:
- Zhongshan Municipal People's Government
- Chaozhou Municipal People's Government
- Department of Commerce, Guangdong Province
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Guangdong Committee
- Zhongshan Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Chaozhou Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Jiangmen Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
The Fairs are also well supported by Indonesian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Jakarta Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Indonesian Retail Merchants Association, China Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia, and Korea International Trade Association.
With more than four decades' track record of facilitating trade between Asia and the rest of the world, Global Sources is committed to helping quality suppliers in Asia and Greater China reach and sell to global buyers through its highly successful China Sourcing Fair series.
Opening times for the China Sourcing Fairs in Jakarta are:
- Aug. 7-8 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Aug. 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More details about the China Sourcing Fairs in Jakarta, Indonesia are available at http://www.chinasourcingfair.com/indonesia.
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asiaand the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, and trade shows.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads andwin orders from buyers in more than 240countries and territories.
Global Sources' other businesses provide Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 30 office locations and a community of more than 5 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Press Contact in Asia
Investor Contact in Asia
Tel: (852) 2555-5021
Tel: (852) 2555-4747
Press Contact in U.S.
Investor Contact in U.S.
Tel: (1-480) 664-8309
Tel: (1-415) 433-3777
SOURCE Global Sources
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home, Displays, Internet, Web, Research, China, Korea, Consumer Electronics, Internet Technology, Business, china, Other,