|Page (1) of 1 - 07/29/14||email article||print page|
Most parents agree, teens "need" their own laptops and smartphones for school
BELOIT, Wis., July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --FatWallet.com, where millions of savvy shoppers share coupons and earn cash back at over 1,500 stores, announced results of its 2014 Back to School Survey (*TNS Global) which reveals what parents plan to buy and how much they'll spend this year. Parents also share views on whether students need to have their own tech products and when to find the best deals on these bigger ticket items for school.
Key survey results:
- 88% of parents will spend the same, or more (31%), on school related products this year. Top items they'll buy most?
- 78% will buy general school supplies and backpacks
- 73% will buy clothes and shoes
- 30% will buy textbooks
- 1 in 4 parents say they are likely to purchase a student laptop or tablet this year. More than 5 to 1, parents say laptops are better suited to help students learn than tablets, 42% say for high school and 26% say for middle school.
- 2 in 3 parents say it's practical for teens to have a smartphone (35% say early teens - age 13-15). Parents also say kids would choose new smartphones over tablets and laptops for school:
- 29% of kids want clothes and shoes
- 20% smartphones
- 19% school supplies
- 14% tablets
- 7% laptops
- Nike tops brands kids ask for most for school at 30%, while 22% of kids want Apple products, 18% Under Armour, 14% Levi's and 12% want Samsung, Forever 21, Converse or Adidas.
Next to Black Friday, parents say Back to School sales are the best time of year to find deals on student laptops and tablets. "This annual shopping event is the perfect time to find added savings on higher quality tech products for students," said Brent Shelton, spokesperson for FatWallet. "Each year during Back-to-School sales, FatWallet works with top retailers to increase cash back and feature their best discounts and coupons to help families stretch their budgets." Now through August 26, FatWallet shoppers can find and compare back to school coupons and discounts from top retailers like HP, Dell, Apple, Walmart, Target, Staples and dozens more offering exclusive savings from increased cash back. FatWallet also features smart back to school resources to help shoppers find hot deals on laptops, smartphones, textbooks, student discounts, teacher discounts and other essential school supplies.
See FULL RESULTS of Back to School Shopping Survey.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,500+ retailers like Kohl's, Newegg, and Amazon to publish special offers, discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet is owned byEbates, Inc.who owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs. Through its family of distinct websites and reward programs,users can get a great deal and earn money back every time they shop.Shoppers are expected to spend over $2 billion throughEbates' websites and shopping programs in 2014.
*The national survey conducted online by TNS on behalf of FatWallet.com in July 2014 was fielded among 1,000 adults ages 18 or older. Contact Brent Shelton (email@example.com) for additional survey data, SKYPE interviews, and broadcast quality A/V downloads of survey results and shopping tips.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Computers/Peripherals, Family, Notebook/Laptop, Adults, Teens, Children, Parents, Family, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Toys, Tablets, Notebooks, Handheld, Smart Phone, tablet, Tablet, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Sales, Sales, Computers/Peripherals, Input/Output, Notebook/Laptop/Tablets, HP,