|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/14||email article||print page|
From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: Holiday Inn
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --SYNOPSIS: Screen legends Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire sing and dance their way into your heart in one of the most timeless holiday classics of all time, Holiday Inn. Featuring the Academy Award winning song, "White Christmas," Crosby plays a song and dance man who leaves showbiz to run an inn that is open only on holidays. Astaire plays his former partner and rival in love. Follow the two talented pals as they find themselves competing for the affections of the same lovely lady (Marjorie Reynolds). 'Tis the season for one of the most sensational musical comedies of all time!
Holiday Innhas been digitally remastered and fully restored to its original glory from high resolution original film elements to look and sound better than ever on HD TV's. The film is best remembered today for introducing the world to "White Christmas" which became the best-selling song of all time.
Holiday Inndebuts on Blu-ray on October 7, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The Blu-ray + Digital HD with UltraViolet set will include the following:
Blu-rayTM and Digital HD Bonus Features:
- Color Version: Experience the film like never before with the 2008 color version
- A Couple of Song and Dance Men: An intimate retrospective of Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire featuring an interview with Ava Astaire-McKenzie
- All-Singing, All-Dancing: Experience the making of the unforgettable song and dance numbers
- Coloring a Classic: Learn how the film was color-designed using amazing technology that transformed the black and white classic to color with the help of Jan Mucklestone, personal sketch artist of famed costume designer Edith Head
- Feature Commentary: Full-length audio commentary with Film Historian Ken Barnes, including Archive Audio Comments from Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire and John Scott Trotter
- Theatrical Trailer
Audiences can enjoy the highest quality viewing experience of Holiday Inn in more ways than ever:
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD with Ultravioletlets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Cast: Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Marjorie Reynolds
Written By: Claude Binyon
Directed By: Mark Sandrich
Produced By: Mark Sandrich
Music By: Irving Berlin
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY:
Street Date: October 7, 2014
Copyright: 2014 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Running Time: 1 hour 41 minutes
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Rating: Not Rated
Technical Info: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
About Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
CONTACTS: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Vice President, Publicity
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
SOURCE Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home, Gaming, Movies & Music, Movies by Genre, Broadcast, Digital, Camera/Film, HDTV, Broadcast Technology, Production/Post, Broadcast, HDTV, Production, Film Production, Facility (Post Production), DVD, Film, Television, Game Technology, Entertainment,