|Page (1) of 1 - 07/07/14||email article||print page|
Home Run Derby Mobile Game Set For Target Field
NEW YORK, July 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --MLBAM today unveiled an update to its popular mobile game, MLB.com Home Run Derby Presented by Ford. As part of its most significant update to date, MLB.com Home Run Derby introduces Target Field, home to the Minnesota Twins and the 2014 Home Run Derby, the new authentic bracket format, a live Multiplayer Mode and more interactive ways to earn in-game currencies, among other interactive features.
A free download from the Apple App Store or Google Play, MLB.com Home Run Derby now includes multiple ballparks, including a new high definition re-creation of Target Field. Fans also now can play in both single player and multiplayer modes for a chance to capture the Home Run Derby title, reach the top of the worldwide leaderboards and earn valuable upgrades.
MLB.com Home Run Derby also includes higher resolution players for all 32 participants from the 2010-2013 Home Run Derby competitions. All 2014 Home Run Derby contenders will be added shortly after they are announced.
NEW 2014 FEATURES FOR MLB.COM HOME RUN DERBY:
MULTIPLAYER DERBY MODE
- Enter the authentic Home Run Derby tournament (new bracket format)
- Play against millions worldwide in live multiplayer games
- Climb the leaderboards competing against the world's best
- Compete with all 2014 Home Run Derby participants (available after players are announced)
- Hit as many home runs as possible before the clock runs out
- Awesome achievements & ballpark specific challenges with new ways to earn virtual currency
- Get rewarded by hitting targets & special MLBuck baseballs
SINGLE PLAYER DERBY MODE
- Build up skills in an authentic Home Run Derby tournament against the AI
- Faster gameplay and improved pitching/batting
- New slow-motion cameras, home run announcer "calls" and more
The 2014 Gillette Home Run Derby, which is part of Gatorade All-Star Workout Day, will be broadcast live on ESPN HD, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN, ESPN Mobile TV, and ESPN Radio in the U.S. as well as ESPN International beginning at 8:00 p.m. (ET)/7:00 p.m. (CT) on Monday, July 14th. It also will be streamed live on MLB.com and via the MLB.com At Bat mobile app. For more information, please visit allstargame.com.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:USA, Television, Other,