|Page (1) of 1 - 06/11/14||email article||print page|
SensoTRACK Offers Breakthrough Wearable Wellness/Fitness Monitoring Technology
DALLAS and BERN, Switzerland, June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Sensogram Technologies, a global research and development company, will introduce SensoTRACK today at the InvenSense Developers Conference in Santa Clara, Calif. Founder, chairman and chief technology officer Dr. Vahram Mouradian will announce the device's pre-commercial (beta) availability in a Profile Session at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Main Conference Room, 3:45-5:00 p.m. PDT.
Beta testing is ongoing with the commercial prototype. Early adopters may request a beta device or preorder the commercial version at www.sensogram.com.
SensoTRACK combines state-of-the-art data collection and analytics in an ear-worn device designed for individual wellness, fitness and health. Its aural positioning increases accuracy by reducing the motion-induced artifacts extremity-positioned devices incur compared to wrist-worn or pendant-like devices. Further, within the ear, integrated optical, thermal, mechanical and proximity biosensors can capture more precise data from branches of the temporal artery. Bluetooth 4.0 transmits SensoTRACK's encrypted digital data to mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets or PDAs.
SensoTRACK features include
- Lightweight, easy-to-use and available in five colors. Size/dimensions: 2.5" x 1.7" x 0.9"; Weight: 15g; Memory: approximately 48 hours; Battery life: approximately 8 hours.
- Developed on an iOS platform, supporting iOS 8; compatible with all Apple mobile products. Android platform compatibility available in fall 2014.
- Downloadable application, available at App Store on July 1, allows mobile devices to display graphs, numbers, derivative data and more within the context of geographic location, altitude and time.
- Syncing mobile applications with Sensogram's Cloud Management System allows data upload over the Internet and sharing with user-approved coaches/trainers/friends via a secure protocol.
- Allows total hands-free training and eliminates the need for multiple capture devices.
- Collected parameters include blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiration rate, body temperature, posture, fall detection, step count, distance, speed/pace, location, altitude, calories burned and activity level, among others.
- Offers individual thresholds, historical data analysis, real-time monitoring and virtual wellness coach, among others.
Dr. Mouradian said, "SensoTRACK is a breakthrough product, combining technological advances that enable one device to capture health-related data and fitness parameters simultaneously. These additional data allow more comprehensive computational models, yielding a level of precision never before available. Using hydration, respiration and oxygenation levels in heart recovery rate computation, for example, yields a truer measurement that can inform training protocols. Beyond unparalleled precision, the device offers real-time monitoring of data trends and alerts users when exceeding acceptable ranges/preset values."
Full commercial production will begin in October 2014. Anticipated market price is approximately $245.
About Sensogram Technologies
Sensogram Technologies, a global research and development company, designs, produces and markets intuitive, easy-to-use wireless mobile devices. Its innovative biosensors allow real-time, continuous, remote and mobile monitoring of human vital signs and biological parameters. Visit our website at www.sensogram.com or call +1 469-955-3500.
SOURCE Sensogram Technologies
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Displays, Internet, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Toys, Web, Tablets, Smart Phone, tablet, Tablet, Applications, Training, Research, Mac, Android, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Internet,