|Page (1) of 1 - 05/29/14||email article||print page|
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Announce the Release of CSNY 1974, the Long Awaited Boxed Set With 40 Live Tracks, All Previously Unreleased, From Their Historic 1974 Summer Tour 40 Years Ago
LOS ANGELES, May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, and Neil Young announce the release of CSNY 1974, the long awaited boxed set from their historic 1974 tour will be available July 7/8. The forty (40) previously unreleased tracks recorded forty (40) years ago will be packaged in several formats and configurations and released July 7 in international territories, and July 8 in the United States. The box set includes all 40 tracks, a 188-page booklet of never before seen tour photos, and a bonus DVD of previously unreleased concert footage; the box is available as a 3CD/DVD set or Pure Audio Blu-Ray (192kHz/24-bit)/DVD set. More information is available at www.csny.com.
Long-rumored and highly anticipated, CSNY 1974 captures the band's one-of-a-kind harmonic alchemy during its remarkable outdoor stadium tour, a trek that spanned more than two months, and included 31 concerts, in 24 cities, with combined audiences of over a million people. Produced by Graham Nash and Joel Bernstein, the box set mirrors the electric/acoustic/electric format that the band followed each night on stage, representing an idealized version of a show from the tour.
"This project has been the most difficult, yet rewarding work I've ever done in my 50 years of recording," says Graham Nash. "It rekindled the love I have for my partners and the music we have made together."
The box set includes some of CSNY's best-known music; songs like "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes," "Helpless," "Wooden Ships," and "Teach Your Children." During the 1974 tour, CSNY also introduced new songs that emerged later on various albums, like Crosby's "Time After Time," Nash's "Fieldworker," and Stills' "First Things First." Several songs by Young are previously unreleased, including "Traces," "Love/Art Blues," "Goodbye Dick," and "Hawaiian Sunrise."
CSNY 1974 will be available from CSNY and Rhino in several different configurations listed below, on July 7/8, nearly 40 years to the date after the tour's first show on July 9, 1974.
- CSNY 1974 (3CD & Bonus DVD)- Boxed set with 40 audio tracks on 3 CDs, a bonus DVD of 8 previously unreleased, restored archival video performances & a 188-page booklet
- CSNY 1974 (Pure Audio Blu-Ray & Bonus DVD) - 40 high-resolution 192kHz/24-bit audio tracks on a Pure Audio Blu-Ray disc, plus the bonus DVD & a 188-page booklet
- CSNY 1974 (Digital) - All audio tracks will be available for download.
- CSNY 1974 (Single CD) 16 tracks, electric and acoustic, selected from the collection
- CSNY 1974 (Starbucks Exclusive US & Canada) - 12 acoustic/semi-acoustic tracks on a single CD, plus full album digital download.
- CSNY 1974 (Deluxe Limited Edition Boxed Set) Individually numbered edition of 1,000 copies, available exclusively through CSNY. Housed in custom wood box featuring:
- All 40 tracks on six 180-gram 12" vinyl records, housed in hardbound LP folio case.
- 40 high-quality audio tracks on a Pure Audio Blu-Ray disc
- Digital download of full 40 tracks.
- Bonus DVD
- Coffee Table size book of never before seen photos from the 1974 tour.
SOURCE Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Blu-ray/HD DVD, Music, Children,