|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/14||email article||print page|
Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi and CharityBuzz Announce Online Auction of One-Of-A-Kind Items to Benefit EFA and Blossom Ball including a Meet and Greet with Russell Simmons(March 14, 2014)
New York, New York (PRWEB) March 14, 2014
In support of the Endometriosis Foundation of Americas (EFA) Sixth Annual Blossom Ball, and Endometriosis Awareness Month (March), Charitybuzz, the leading destination for online charity auctions, will be hosting an online auction in conjunction with the event featuring one-of-a-kind packages including a meet and greet with Russell Simmons and a lunch with Padma Lakshmi and Bridget Moynahan.
The Blossom Ball, which took place in New York City on March 7, brought out a number of New York notables including EFA co-founders and event hosts, Emmy nominated host of Bravos Top Chef and award-winning author, entrepreneur and mom, Padma Lakshmi and leading surgeon Tamer Seckin, MD. Those in attendance included honorary committee member Susan Sarandon, guests: Ajak Deng, Eunice Omole (The Apprentice Africa), Fátima Ptacek (Dora the Explorer), Joel Schumacher, Kelly Killoren Bensimon, Lee Q ODenat, Luke Wessman, Maura Tierney, Payman Umay, Russell Simmons, Ujjwala Raut, and more. The black-tie optional evening featured an After Party with DJ Questlove.
Lakshmi and her surgeon Tamer Seckin, MD, co-founded EFA as a result of a lifelong mission to raise awareness for endometriosis, a disease that affects one in ten women worldwide.
The auction features ten outstanding packages and will continue until March 23rd. For more information on the auction and to bid on items go to http://www.charitybuzz.com/blossomball2014.
- Meet Russell Simmons with two tickets to the 15th Annual Art for Life Gala in the Hamptons, July 26, 2014
- Sit down to lunch with Padma Lakshmi and Bridget Moynahan in New York City
- Win an exclusive opportunity to have a 1-hour pitch meeting in New York to discuss your movie project with versatile Hollywood director, screenwriter and producer Joel Schumacher
- Enjoy cocktails with Andy Cohen in the Bravo Clubhouse at a Watch What Happens Live! taping
- Meet the Top Chef Judges During the Famed "Restaurant Wars" Episode
- Receive a portrait shot by world-renown fashion photographers Inez and Vinoodh! Winner will receive a 16" x 16" black and white print from the edit selected by the photographers
- Receive an in-home cooking lesson with Kristen Kish, winner of "Top Chef" Season 10, in Boston or New York
- Enjoy a 4-day/3-night stay at a Sandals Resort location of your choice in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia or the Bahamas
- Whisk yourself and a guest away for a Hamptons getaway with this two night package at the Scandinavian Cozy hotel - c/o The Maidstone - in East Hampton
The Endometriosis Foundation of America strives to increase disease recognition, provide advocacy, facilitate expert surgical training, and fund landmark endometriosis research. Engaged in a robust campaign to inform both the medical community and the public, the EFA places particular emphasis on the critical importance of early diagnosis and effective intervention while simultaneously providing education to the next generation of medical professionals and their patients. For more information please visit http://www.endofound.org. Find EFA on Twitter @endofound and on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/endofound.
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online auctions with the worlds most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring access to acclaimed actors and musicians, business and political leaders, sports stars, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $100 million for charity. To learn more, visit http://www.Charitybuzz.com, like us on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/Charitybuzz or follow us on Twitter at @Charitybuzz.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11668669.htm.