|Page (1) of 1 - 02/19/14||email article||print page|
Napatech and ntop Accelerate Innovation in Capture-to-Disk Appliances
COPENHAGEN, Denmark and MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Napatech (OSE: NAPA), the world's leading supplier of network analysis adapters, and ntop, the renowned traffic monitoring software expert, today announced a collaboration focused on accelerating time to market for high-performance network management and security appliances. The first initiative is a 10 Gbps capture-to-disk solution that will be demonstrated at Mobile World Congress and RSA, February 24-28.
- Capture-to-disk is fast becoming a critical capability for appliances used in network management and security as well as real-time big data analytics, but it requires expertise to implement, especially for high-speed applications.
- Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers offer appliance vendors higher performance analysis equipment with shorter development cycles using fewer resources.
- Napatech adapters are the de-facto standard for high-performance appliance development with guaranteed delivery of data for analysis.
- ntop is renowned for accelerating traffic monitoring applications with ntop PF_RING, a recognized and widely used interface for network analysis application development in both commercial and open-source communities. PF_RING features on-the-fly packet indexing, which speeds up packet display and filtering.
- Napatech analysis adapters and ntop software provide appliance vendors with a reliable platform that accelerates implementation of appliances for monitoring, testing, securing and optimizing networks.
Dr. Luca Deri, founder and CTO, ntop, said:
"ntop and Napatech have focused on improving the performance of network analysis applications and are recognized leaders in their fields. By combining forces we can push the frontier of what is assumed possible. Our joint capture-to-disk solution can now enable any appliance vendor to implement this key capability in their appliances without compromising on performance."
Henrik Brill Jensen, CEO, Napatech, said:
"By combining forces with ntop, Napatech can offer more complete solutions to our customers. Capture-to-disk is a growing requirement from many of our customers and with this collaboration, we can now help them to achieve their goals using proven solutions."
Napatech and ntop will demonstrate their 10 Gbps capture-to-disk solution at:
- Mobile World Congress at booths 6K20 and 6B50 in Barcelona, Feb. 24-27
- RSA at booth 1932 in San Francisco, Feb. 24-28
For more information on capture-to-disk and big data analytics, read Napatech's white paper, "Time to ReThink Real-Time Big Data Analytics."
nTop was founded by Dr. Luca Deri in 1998 to address the need for solutions that could help accelerate the development of network traffic monitoring appliances. The original nTop software was a web-based monitoring application, which has since been expanded upon to include the PF_RING DNA, a widely used software API for accelerating packet capture performance on standard network interface cards. PF_RING is widely used in both commercial and open-source development communities making it a de-facto standard for analysis application development. It is also the foundation for additional software components that improve performance and provide additional capabilities, such as n2disk capture-to-disk and disk2n traffic generation software. ntop is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Napatech is the leading supplier of real-time analysis adapters with over 140,000 Ethernet ports deployed worldwide. Designed for use with Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) servers, Napatech adapters enable rapid development of powerful appliances for high performance analysis. Napatech adapters guarantee real-time delivery of data at speeds up to 40 Gbps. Intelligent features allow network data analysis to be off-loaded, thereby accelerating application analysis for managing, securing and optimizing networks and services. When performance matters, the world's largest equipment vendors in telecom, enterprise, financial and government markets choose Napatech. Customers depend on Napatech for reliable delivery, complimentary maintenance and upgrades, and experienced global customer support. Napatech is headquartered in Copenhagen (Denmark) with offices in Mountain View, Andover, Washington D.C. (USA), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (South Korea) and So Paulo (Brazil).
No Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, our customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment other macro-economic factors and other risk factors set forth in Napatech's reports. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Napatech, which is subject to change, and Napatech will not necessarily update the information.
For more information, visit us at www.napatech.com
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Office Equipment, Applications, Productivity Applications, Security, Networking, Other Applications, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, Science, Biology, Genetics, Business, Other,