|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/14||email article||print page|
This Tuesday, January 14, 2014, is National Fire Your Excuses Day. Are you in?(January 09, 2014)
Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) January 09, 2014
This Tuesday, January 14, 2014 is National Fire Your Excuses Day. Will you join us for a day without excuses?
How to celebrate National Fire Your Excuses Day
Honor your resolve to live excuse-free in 2014 by taking one or more of the actions below this
1. Planset your written 2014 goals.
2. Connectjoin one group that will help you succeed.
3. Moveno after-hours electronics before exercise.
4. Learnwhat skill is separating you from your dream?
5. Servecontact one person or group who needs your support.
Key Principles to Remember This Year:
- Refuse to minimize. "Not all excuses are the same, some hinder us, some hurt us, and some kill us." At the very least, excuses rob us of our dreams, impact and purpose.
- "Don't try harder in 2014. Get more connected!" Do you have important goals that have eluded you for years? It's time to admit that willpower is needed, but it is not enough.
- "Everything changes when we walk the last mile of denial." What is your "last mile?" What two or three actions have you been unwilling to take until now?
About Fire Your Excuses
Fire Your Excuses is a new book on permanent personal change by Dr. Bill Dyment and Dr. Marcus Dayhoff, Orange County counselors and speakers. Their strategies are based on 60 years of combined clinical experience and research, 2,500 audiences, and 450 organizations. These authors remind us the cavalry is not coming. Our own health and financial recovery, to cite just two common excuse areas, must begin with us. Fact: Americans saved just 1.2% of their income before the recession, down from 11.2% in 1984. And, with at least one out of four Americans now obese, we are also facing an unprecedented national health crisis.
Their book and free online assessment addresses our eight most common life excuse areas:
1. Blind Spots and Weaknesses
2. Health and Wellness
3. Social Connections
5. Time Management
Dr. Bill Dyment and Dr. Marcus Dayhoff are frequent guests and available for television, radio and podcast interviews. ###
Dr. Bill Dyment, docdyment(at)gmail(dot)com 949.683.4997
Dr. Marcus Dayhoff, drmarcus(at)fireyourexcuses(dot)com 714.345.1168
Fire Your Excuses, LLC, http://www.fireyourexcuses.com
101 E. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 230, Anaheim, CA 92805
Fire Your Excuses, (hardback) Quincy Bay Press, is available in hardback at local Barnes & Noble stores, on Amazon and at fireyourexcuses.com. It is also available in eBook format for the Kindle, Nook and iBook.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11473202.htm.