|Page (1) of 1 - 01/28/13||email article||print page|
Mill Town Music Hall to Host Variety of Concerts as Part of the Smithsonian's Traveling 'New Harmonies' Exhibit
BREMEN, Ga., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mill Town Music Hall is a proud partner of the Smithsonian Institute's "New Harmonies" traveling exhibit that's making a stop in West Georgia. In addition, the venue will host several concerts to serve as companion programming between February 1 and March 9. During its first year, the venue has been home to quality wholesome entertainment covering multiple music genres, so it'sthe perfect home for several New Harmonies events. New Harmonies celebrates the diverse offerings of music stemming from American history.
The Mill Town Music Hall concerts that are part of the celebration include:
- Friday, Feb. 1 Featuring The Perrys, Triumphant and Tribute Quartet. These award-winning gospel groups will perform as part of the venue's first anniversary celebration.
- Saturday, Feb. 2 Featuring The Isaacs and The Diplomats. These award-winning gospel groups will perform as part of the venue's first anniversary celebration.
- Friday, Feb. 8 American Idol alumnus Bo Bice. After finishing second on American Idol, Bice charted a number two song on the Billboard Hot 100 with a rendition of "Inside Your Heaven." He has recorded three albums since Idol.
- Friday, Feb. 22 Rhonda Vincent and Gene Watson. Vincent is an award-winning bluegrasssinger, is considered the "Queen of Bluegrass". Watson has notched six number ones, 23 top tens and more than 75 charted singles.
- Saturday, March 9 Little Texas and Homegrown. Little Texas has 8 top ten country hits, including the number one single "My Love". Homegrown was founded in Carrollton and has a country/rock/pop delivery that you won't find anywhere else.
The Georgia Humanities Council, in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution, is pleased to present New Harmonies: Celebrating American Roots Music.New Harmonies, a traveling exhibition, shares America's story by examining the roots of American music.The exhibit will highlight the unique story of Georgia's musical traditions. New Harmonies will spend six weeks in Bremen and the physical exhibit will be housed at The Warren P. Sewell Memorial Library (315 Hamilton Ave.).
"We are honored to have Mill Town Music Hall be a part of the New Harmonies festivities and look forward to hosting a series of concerts by some very talented artists," said Randall Redding, co-Founder of Mill Town Music Hall. "We encourage the community to support all of these worthwhile events being held around town."
Tickets range for each show. To learn more or to purchase Mill Town Music Hall tickets in advance:
- Visit Mill Town Music Hall box office: Open Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Call Mill Town Music Hall box office at 770-537-6455.
- Online tickets can be purchased through the www.MillTownMusicHall.com and www.TicketAlternative.com websites.
Upcoming performers include Jeff and Sheri Easter with Blue Ridge on March 29; and Newsong on April 13. For more information aboutMillTownMusic Hallor for an upcoming calendar of events, please visit us atwww.MillTownMusicHall.com; follow us on Twitter @Mill_Town_Music, or on Facebook.
Mill Town Music Hall can comfortably seat more than 1,000 people and boasts a state-of-the-art audio and visual system.The venue hosts numerous Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Bluegrass, and Country concerts, along withotherfamily-friendly events. The facility canalso be rented for corporate events and private receptions.
SOURCE Mill Town Music Hall
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Music, Entertainment,